Imagine yourself back in the Age Of Discovery, when swashbuckling pirates ruled the seven seas.
There you meet a British privateer named Francis Drake, who toasts you with a refreshing elixir he has concocted from rum and mint leaves.
He calls it a mojito... The story with Francis Drake is one tale explaining the birth of the now world famous mojito.
At El Bulli in Catalonia, Spain, mojitos are made by mixing “mojito mix” with soda in a frothing machine as customers watch.
The result is a cocktail with a beautiful soft head of foam, a style somewhat different to the classic cocktails to which we are used.
The MIDORI Mojito is a slightly exotic variation on the original.
And you don’t have to be in the Caribbean to enjoy it – it tastes just as great on the terrace of any suburban home.
Ingredients - MIDORI Mojito - (1 glass)
|White Rum||45ml(1 1/2oz)|
|Top with Club Soda / Soda Water|
|Any other ingredients (eg. ice cubes) are not included in the alcoholic content listed.|
Mixing Instruction - MIDORI Mojito -
- Put the mint leaves and lime in a Rocks glass and muddle together.
- Add the sugar syrup, and enough ice to fill the glass.
- Add the rum and MIDORI, and then the club soda, and stir.
- Garnish with a fresh mint sprig.
- Adding more mint makes for an even more refreshing taste.
Click the movie while it playing, move into external site